State Commissioners Visit Fairmont
Tuesday, October 29, 2019
During a two-day bus tour, eight Minnesota State Commissioners visited Fairmont as part of the sixth annual Minnesota Business First Stop tour.
According to Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED) Commissioner Steve Grove, "There’s no substitute for seeing and hearing directly from people in Greater Minnesota about how government can coordinate and problem solve to serve our businesses and communities better."
The tour allows business and community leaders to share their perspectives on issues of workforce and innovation. The tour is conducted every fall across different regions of Minnesota.
According to DEED, the following Partner Agencies participated in the tour.
- Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development, lead agency
- Minnesota Department of Agriculture
- Minnesota Department of Commerce
- Minnesota Department of Iron Range Resources & Rehabilitation
- Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry
- Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
- Minnesota Department of Revenue
- Minnesota Department of Transportation
- Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
For more information on establishing, expanding or relocating your business to Fairmont, please contact the Fairmont Economic Development Authority.
"The Fairmont Economic Development Authority (FEDA) coordinates and administers economic development initiatives for the City of Fairmont, MN. It serves as a comprehensive and premier resource for businesses seeking to startup, grow and locate in the area. FEDA’s priorities include business retention and expansion, financing, workforce development, recruitment, site development, housing and business startup. FEDA prides itself as a growing resource for Fairmont, MN news."
Category: Economic Development